If you are stressed because of today’s economy , you are not alone. Between increasing gas and food prices and many people losing their jobs or their businesses, the stress level is skyrocketing. Stress may have been high prior to all of these economic challenges, but now, life is rough. So, what do you do? We can wait to see if the stock market improves, or if the economy changes etc. etc. or we can take control of our lives right now.
Typically when we get stressed we tend to rely on the coping skills we’ve used in the past to help us get by. For instance, if in the past when had a stressful day at work you would have a glass or two of wine at night; it is possible that now with increased anxiety and worries you may be having 3 or 4 glasses. So before it gets out of hand, (whatever you are relying on), read on to learn ways to help you cope under these stressful times.
10 Top Ways to Cope with Stress/Anxiety/Fear/Depression
- Tall to a friend/spouse/partner with whom you trust.
- Exercise to release the pent-up energy you are holding in.
- Laugh! Rent a funny movie or tell jokes to your spouse.
- Find a spiritual practice such as praying or meditating.
- Write in a journal every day; just five minutes might amaze you.
- Research your situation, find financial options to help you know where you can turn if things get really bad! (Remember, knowledge is power)
- Walk on the beach.
- Listen to music; anything you enjoy.
- Treat yourself to a nice meal/massage/or affordable luxury that you don’t typically indulge in.
- Remind yourself nothing lasts forever; this too shall pass.
Hopefully, you will find something above that you are willing to try. Feel free to let me know about your results and if you have any questions or topics you’d like to see!
Good Luck & Enjoy!